IT requirements and online resources
- This is an online only course and your computer will need to be up-to-date and compatible with our requirements.
- We use video conferencing for our online tutorials.
- Unsure about the technology and e-learning? Don’t worry! We spend time with you during the induction period to make sure that you are confident with our virtual learning environment “e-learn with nca”.
- You will get continuing support throughout the course from our IT administrator.
- You will have access to a range of online resources and research papers and support from our College Librarian.
As this is an online-only course there are specific IT requirements and you will be required to declare that you meet these requirements in the learning agreement that you will complete when you begin your course.
It is most important that you check that you comply with our requirements by reading the minimum specification document below.
Maya Harish - naturopath - Israel
"I love learning, and this course seemed a great fit for achieving an academic degree. I love meeting and befriending my fellow students from all over the world who are all interested in the same field, but my favourite thing is noticing how much I have advanced my knowledge, and how much more secure and confident I feel with patients, which is a benefit I hadn’t expected to notice this soon in the course. I think the amount of knowledge I have acquired over such a short period of time is quite remarkable."
Online conferencing and communication
As part of the IT requirement you will also need to be able to join the regular video conference. This is a service that allows multiple remote participants to communicate, and share documents, in real time. In most cases, accessing the video conference is done through your web browser. If you are using an iPad or Android tablet, you may need to download a free app.
To join a video conference, you will need to have access to a computer or tablet that meets the College specifications. You will need a microphone and earphones (or a combined headset) and a webcam. The computer/mobile device will need to be connected to the internet via a broadband service with a minimum of 2MBPs of download speed and 0.5 MBPs of upload speed. However, your audio/video experience will be better at higher speeds.
We will provide you with information about how to join our current video conferencing facility.
If you have technical difficulties, there is help and support available from our IT administrator.
Access to online journals
As an NCA student you will have access to the online journal facilities of AltHealthwatch, AMED (Allied and Complementary Medicine Database) and ScienceDirect.