Your privacy is of paramount importance to us. We only collect personal information when you contact us for information, or join our College as a staff member or student or become a patient or client in our teaching clinics.
Your information comprises all the details we hold about you and your transactions, and includes information obtained from third parties.
Who we share your information with
We do not disclose your information to anyone outside the College except:
- where we are required to do so by law, or
- where we have your permission, or
- to prevent and detect crime or recover debt, or
- to government entities or regulatory bodies in order that those entities may discharge their responsibilities and obligations or exercise their powers or functions.
Using our website
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. We measure and analyse non-identifying, aggregate usage data in order to administer the site, and to constantly improve the quality of our service and site performance.
In common with most websites, we capture and record your IP address and details of our site pages you have visited, which we use to assess the effectiveness of our advertising and structure of our site.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer and are commonly used on the internet.
We use them to:
- collect anonymous information that will help us understand visitors' browsing habits on our website
- compile statistical reports on website activity, e.g. number of visitors and the pages they visit
- remember information needed as you move between different pages of our site.
We use two types of cookie:
- Session cookies.
These are temporary and are deleted as soon as you close your browser.
- Third party cookies.
We work with third parties who, on our behalf, research the use of our website and activities on it. In doing so they may place a cookie on your computer. However it would not contain any personal information that others could read and understand.
Accepting or rejecting cookies
You can configure your internet browser to warn you each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer so that you may make a decision whether to accept or reject it.
Please refer to your internet browser's help section for specific instructions.
Please note that some parts of our website may not function properly if you reject cookies.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau Europe is an industry body that has produced a series of web pages which explain how cookies work and how they can be managed. The website is www.advertisingconsent.eu/
Policy dated April 2018. Reviewed by Board of Directors Next review April 2022, or sooner if necessary under the new Data Protection Act incorporating GDPR.